I’ve begun a series of audio reactive music visualizations. They look like this:
Each entry uses audio data to help inform procedurally generated visuals in different and hopefully novel ways. Most computational artwork relies heavily on elements of randomness, such as perlin noise. I find that sampling audio data is a nice form of structured randomness. I hope you enjoy my synesthesia playground. If you’re interested in collaborating or having your song visualized, lemme know.
how to watch
some tools i’m using
- The Processing programming language (+minim for audio data).
- Three.js & GLSL along with CCapture.
- FFmpeg to stitch together frames and audio.
- Gifsicle for batch GIF resizing.
- Gramblr to upload videos to Instagram from my PC.